In the construction industry, certain materials outperform others. Steel is one of those materials – particularly when used for large-scale building projects like industrial buildings, bridges, and residential structures. Steel structures are built using several different techniques including light-gauge steel construction, bolted steel construction, and traditional steel fabrication. Compared to concrete, steel provides a number of benefits. Some of those benefits are listed below:
1. Steel offers superior durability. Steel is extremely strong and resilient. It is capable of standing up to a tremendous amount of outside pressure. Because of that, steel is usually the preferred building material in areas where earthquakes are common. Since it isn’t as brittle as concrete, it is more likely to survive under extreme conditions.
2. The load-carrying capacity of steel is much higher than concrete.
3. The tensile properties of steel are far superior to concrete. There is no comparison when you look at how strong it is compared to its weight. Structures that are built out of steel are 60% lighter weight than similar structures made out of concrete.
4. Steel buildings don’t require foundations. Concrete structures, on the other hand, are so heavy that they need the extra support of a foundation.
5. Steel buildings and other structures are fast and simple to build. Projects that use steel can usually be completed a lot more quickly than projects that use concrete.
6. The scrap value of steel is far higher than that of concrete, making it a superior option for construction applications.
7. The ease of fabricating and mass-producing steel makes it ideal for building structures. The material itself is also quite versatile, making it easy to construct, take down, or replace these structures. It is even possible to make modifications at the last minute when building with steel.
8. Another thing that makes steel structures unique is that the individual parts can be made off-site. As a result, only the assembly needs to take place at the building site.
9. Since steel can be recycled, these structures are more environmentally-friendly than concrete buildings. This can provide a cost savings for your business in terms of dealing with waste.
10. The lightweight nature of steel makes these structures simple to transport. In terms of safety, there are no health risks associated with using steel, making it the ideal building material.
Visit www.murraysteelbuildings.com to find a steel structure that meets your requirements.
The fabricators here at Northern Weldarc are capable of taking on any type of project involving fabrication. Our experts can put their experience to work for you, creating high-quality structures that meet all of your needs.